This level of matcha is meant for uses such as large scale baking, or smoothies and other drinks where the color is not important. The matcha flavor is bitter which helps it stand out against other flavors vs high grade matcha which generally becomes overwhelmed unless a large amount is used.
See other grades
Note: packaging may change from time to time.
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. There will also be some variation from product to product. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami strength (5 = strongest): 1/5
- Astringency (5 = least astringent): 2/5
- Color (1 = yellow, 5 = brilliant green): 2/5
- Texture (1 = very grainy, 5 = very smooth): 3/5
- Color: Dull but green.
- Texture: Slightly Grainy
- Aroma: Weak
- Flavor: Strong. More bitterness than umami flavor.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Region: We source from Kagoshima, Kyoto, Nishio, Mie, and Shizuoka, Japan.
- Harvest: Spring
- Notes: All tea leaves are used were grown without pesticides but were not necessarily certified as organic
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.