Organically produced wakocha (Japanese black tea) from a small family-run farm, Koukien Tea Garden. This single cultivar Yutaka Midori cultivar was grown at the foot of the mountains in Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture. Sisters Yurie and Akane Kawaguchi are continuously working hard to make their wakochas more delicious and enjoyable. Their Yutaka Midori wakocha is a standard one, with a gentle aroma and pleasant flavor. Makes for a good afternoon tea.
About the cultivar: Yutaka Midori (ゆたかみどり) means abundant green in Japanese. It is a cultivar that is mostly found in Kagoshima prefecture (30% cultivated area) as it is a cultivar that is suitable for warm weather. This cultivar ranks second after the Yabukita cultivar with respect to cultivation area and popularity in Japan.
- Ingredients: Japanese Black Tea
- Cultivar(s): Yutaka Midori
- Harvest: Spring 2023
- Region: Makizono town, Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 3 minutes (please adjust to personal preference)
- Water temperature: 98C/208F degrees
- Water amount: 200 ml
About the Tea
- Name: Koukien Tea Garden
- Vendor Type: Family farm (Koukien Tea Garden)
- Location: Makizonocho Santaido, Kirishima, Kagoshima, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.