3rd generation tea farmer Hiroki Matsumoto manages some 30 fields in the Kiriyama region of the Makinohara plain in Shimada, Shizuoka. He utilizes the UNESCO designated World Heritage agricultural tradition, Chagusaba, to cultivate his tea leaves. This tradition requires farmers to cultivate sasa grasses surrounding the tea fields, and use the grasses as fertilizer in the fields.
Regular steamed tea leaves create a balanced sencha green tea.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Cultivar: Blend of youngest leaves from our various fields.
- Harvest: Late April
- Net weight: 100 grams
- Region: Kiriyama, Shimada, Shizuoka
- Name: Kaneroku Matsumoto Tea Garden
- Type: Family business, tea farm & factory
- Location: 1806-21 Kiriyama, Shimada-shi, Shizuoka-ken 428-0035
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.