Another one of Tarui-san's recommendations from their tea selection, Tarui-san's first flush green tea, deep-steamed, but left unrefined. In order to properly store the tea leaves over a longer period, the leaves are green roasted, which also imparts a slight toastiness to the leaf. At Tarui Tea Farm, they value the unique aroma of their Aracha (raw leaves) without selecting the leaves and stems. In fact, Tarui Tea Farm takes pride in their aracha (raw leaf) factory. The aracha factory is where the tea leaves are steamed and then rolled into aracha, a very important step in Japanese tea processing. This is a well-balanced tea with a strong flavor and aroma, suitable for tea lovers.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: May
- Steaming: Fukamushi, deep steamed
- Region: Nearaicho, Shizuoka Prefecture
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques). The main thing to note is that lower water temperatures create a sweeter flavor profile while hotter temperatures create a more bitter, astringent profile. More water or less tea will reduce the strength of the tea.
- 1st steeping - Tea: 1 tea bag. Time: 45-60 seconds. Water: 70C/160F, 200 ml.
- 2nd steeping - Time: 10-20 seconds. Water: 80-90C/180-195F, 200 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping - Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.