Recipe by Reiko Taichi
- Unsalted butter 100g
- Sugar 60g
- Egg yolk
- A) Flour 100g
- A) Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- A) Matcha powder 10g (The premium grade gives you the best flavor)
- Milk 1 tablespoon
- Brandy 1 tablespoon
- (Meringue) Egg white
- (Meringue) Sugar 20g
- In a bowl, beat butter with electric mixer. When light and fluffy, add in 60g sugar. Beat in 2 egg yolk.
- Meringue: in a separate bowl beat egg white with electric mixer. First, beat in 10g of sugar, and then add the remaining 10g. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir A) into 1 in three separate times. And then stir in 2. (meringue) in three separate times.
- Lastly, mix in milk and brandy.
- Preheat oven to 170-180 degrees C (340-350 degrees F) and bake for 40-45 minutes. Adjust temperature according to the oven.
Kitchen Grade Matcha