Wasonbon sugar is a traditional type of Japanese cane sugar made from a cultivar of sugarcane grown on the island of Shikoku since the 1770s. It is the sugar primarily used in making traditional Japanese sweets or Wagashi.
The manufacturer, Mitani Sugar, has been producing this traditional cane sugar for 8 generations. Their craftsman, Kaji-san, gave an interview in the video above and you can see scenes of the cane harvest and sugar production.
- Ingredients: Sugar cane (Kagawa)
- Storage: Store airtight in cool, dark area.
- Nutritional info (per 100 grams)
- Calories: 399 kcal
- Protein: 0 grams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 99.8 grams
- Sodium: 0 grams
- Warning: We provide a resealable outer bag. But it is not meant to store the contents directly. Please keep the contents in the inner bag when storing, and use the outer bag to seal it.
- Best by date policy: At least two months before best by date at the time of shipment
- Manufacturer: Mitani Seitou Hanesanuki Honpo, Higashi Kagawa City, Kagawa Prefecture
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.