The skins of 200 Japan-grown onions, ground into fine powder, are contained in this 100 gram bag. Making this tea is easy, simply mix into hot water. You get a slightly bitter onion soup like taste.
OR, you can mix it into a wide variety of soups or pastas or baked goods. The onion skin powder will impart a rich brown or deep mahogany color to your broth.
This product was independently tested for residue of 450 types of pesticides in February, 2012, and none was detected.
- Net Weight: 100 gram bag (3.52 oz)
- Region: Hokkaido & Awaji Island
- Ingredients: Onion skin of 100% Japan-grown onion
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop, a small tea shop in Tokyo operated by the Shiobara family.
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Yamane-en is a family-operated tea shop based near Sugamo Station on the Yamanote Loop Line in Tokyo and run by tea master Michio Shiobara. With 40 years of experience in the Japanese tea industry behind him, Shiobara-san offers unique teas sourced from small villages throughout Japan as well as a number of tisanes popular in Japan for their health benefits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.