Mint chocolate may be a familiar flavor to you in the world of ice cream but how does it express itself in hojicha (roasted green tea)? It is actually a smooth drink and refreshing! The dried peppermint that is mixed in is not too strong. Please try this unique hojicha straight, or as a milk tea which will give you a completely different impression. The fresh scent of mint chocolate that one experiences through your olfactory senses is popular amongst foreigners. Clearly, this tea is no classic Japanese tea but a must try tea for those who are looking for something new!
Danton Stephane at Ochakara Tea Shop is a sommelier who uses his skills in the world of Japanese tea. He creates innovative fusions that enhances the sensational experiences of one's “eyes, nose and mouth” to embody full enjoyment of deep and rich flavors while using a sommelier’s approach to wine to that of tea. Stephane wishes to expand the potential for Japanese tea through his innovative flavored Japanese teas!
- Name: Hojicha Mint Chocolate
- Japanese name: ミントチョコほうじ茶
- Ingredients: Roasted green tea leaves (Japan-grown), black tea, peppermint, cornflower, argent (coloring / silver), flavoring (containing soy)
- Hot: Tea: 3 tsp. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 320 ml, 80C / 176F.
- Milk Tea: Mix 10 grams of leaves into a pan with 250 ml of milk, and bring to a boil over low fire carefully.
- Cold: Tea: 1 tsp. Time: 4 hours in refrigerator. Water: 1L, cold.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.